Thursday, August 23, 2007

Be Still and Know

It is already August...nearly a month since my last posting. Life has been full of changes, laughter, friends, neighbors, family, church, and growth in Christ for us all here at the North Wing. I am sure we will be updating soon...

I have been thinking alot lately about burdens, and what the Lord says about them. I have felt very burdened lately with alot of things. My job has been one of the main causes of this, I think. God has been faithful thus far, and I have no doubt that He will be in the future....but honestly I have to drag myself through the door these days and leave wanting to resort to tears...but the tears won't come. I find myself feeling alone--I want to talk about this but don't know how, or to whom. I am feeling frusterated--I want to deal with everything that has been happening but can't seem to find the right way to do it.

So, I find myself at the place where Christ most wants me to be--at His feet, relying on Him for every moment, trying my hardest to "cast my cares on Him, because He cares for me." I am reminded that I am commanded to exchange my burdens for His--for "His yolk is easy and His burden is light" (even though it doesn't always feel that way). I reflect on the fact that "His power is made perfect in weakness" and as a result of that weakness, "His power rests on me". Above all I hang on, through the power of Christ, to the promise, "My grace is sufficient for you."

So please pray for me...when I feel alone, pray that I will remember that Jesus is always with me. When I feel let down by people and frusterated by their thoughts and actions, pray that I will extend to them the love that Christ extended to me when I let him down and deserted Him. When I am disappointed in myself, pray that I will remember God's grace. When I feel I can't carry this burden anymore, pray that He will sustain me and give me strength. I pray the same for you....

Psalm 145 has been the focus of my meditation this past week....I hope that it encourages you in the battles you are facing today.

"The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, aboutding in steadfast love.
The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made...
The Lord is faithful in all his words and kind in all his works.
The Lord upholds all who are falling and raises up all who are bowed down.
The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food in due season.
You open your hand, you satisfy the desire of every living thing.
The Lord is righteous in all his ways and kind in all his works.
the Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
He fulfills the desire of those who fear him,
He also hears their cry and saves them.
The Lord preserves all who love him, but the all wicked he will destroy.
My mouth will speak the praise of the Lord,
and let all flesh bless his holy name,
forever and ever."

love kristi

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My sister said "they took my name". HAHAHA We just started a blog http://shineintheshadows.blogspot.com/ and we are three sisters - but we ended up with a different name. City on a hill is a good one though!

Kristi said...

Sorry for the "theft"... : ) I like the name you ended up with. I visited your blog today--I love all the pictures. We'll have to do that sometime soon....Blessings on you all and I'll be sure to visit your blog from time to time!
love kristi